Thursday, December 13, 2007

I've been tagged

Ok so I have been tagged to tell about event that I can't explain away. A paranormal event if you will. Generally I don't buy into to that stuff. I think of you sit down and take a good look at it. You'll find that there is rational explanation. After I got out of the army I worked for a cleaning company called knight's cleaner. I worked for this company for about twelve years(give or take a year). The one building that I spent a good chunk of the time cleaning was a building named old kent(a six story office buidling). The 5th and the 3th floors were will known for having odd occurances. Most of the "odd occurances" that happen to me to. I can explain away as over active immagination. Working in a building by yourself where the most mundain noise become very sinister. There are four events that I'm still working on to explain. My first year at old kent I had going to the 5th floor to grab a can of pop. As I'm walking out of the suite The door closed byhide me(it was automatic closeing door)....I made sure it was locked. I got on the elevator and heard the door open and slam shut again. So I stuck my head out to see if there was someone there. There was not. Years later I had to do walkthroughs to make sure the work had been done( I was a suppervisor and this was part of my job). Once again this occurance happen on the 5th floor. As I walk around the corner and looked down the hall I could see someone walk around the corner at the far end of the hall. I thought nothing of it. This was an accounting firm and it was tax season. So it was not uncommon for people to work late. I did my walkthrough and found no one in the suite. I didn't hear them leave. I heard no doors open and close. That was a "what the fuck was that" moment. Not to long after that little event I was up on the same floor cleaning the bathroom. When I heard someone call my name. I thought it was the Art(my boss at the time). It wasn't uncommon for him to pop in at odd times to see how things were going or to tell that me about work that needed to be done. Nothing....So I checked the park lot(from the 5th floor you had a good view of both parking lots). His truck wasn't there,for that matter the only car in the parking lot was mine. Yet another "what the fuck was that" moment. The last event happen on the 3rd floor. I was cleaning the lawyer office on the 3rd floor. Lost in my thoughts. About half way through I got this over-whelming feeling like I was being watched. It creeped me out so bad that I had to go outside and have a smoke to calm down. In all the years that I had work there...this is the only time I have freaked out like that. I have never been so rattle before or since. I know it was just my mind working over time. But what got me it come out of the blue! So these are my stories. Take them for what you will. Parting thoughts about Old kent. Old Kent was built on the site of the old post tavern. A well know hotel and restaurant. Post Tavern was well know for being"haunted". Old kent has had two deaths. One guy died while the build was being built the other died in a suite(while I was working there..and no I didn't kill him) of natural causes.

5 comments:

SouthLoopScot said...

Great stuff!
After I graduated high school, I worked the graveyard shift alone cleaning a spa/tennis club.(I swept the racquetball courts, and vacuumed the tennis courts among other things)
Nothing ever happened. But it was easy for me to creep myself out if I let my imagination run wild!

tina FCD said...

That is just creepy, I don't live very far from that building!!Blocks away.

songcatchers said...

Creepy creepy! Thanks for sharing Bob.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that was always creepy going up there at that time. I could only imagine being by yourself.

Poodles said...

Makes me wonder what was in those cigarettes you were smoking... ;)